Australian Investment Visa
This temporary visa is for people with business skills. It lets you operate a new or existing business in Australia.
- You must operate a new or existing business in Australia.
- You can stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
- You must first be nominated by an Australian state or territory government.
What is required?
The following requirements are compulsory to commence your application for a Australian Investment Visa but by no means constitutes all of the eligibility requirements.
- Be aged between 18 – 50 years of age (unless you are exempt)
- Possess a high level English ability
- Have successfully invested or established a business previously
- Demonstrate a sincere commitment to establishing or continuing the business in Australia
- Be of good character and health
You will need to prove your identity, and provide documents about your business and assets. You also need to provide documents about family members applying with you.
- Provide accurate information
- Identity documents
- Business and assets documents (You must give us documents about your business and your net assets. These documents are to prove that your business is eligible for this visa).
- Points Test documents (You must give us documents only for items you want points for in the Points Test).
- English language documents
- Health documents (You do not need to provide health documents as the doctor will send them to us).
- Character documents
- Partner documents
- Dependants under 18 documents
- Dependants over 18 documents
Australian Investment Visa Fees
The Australian Investment Visas costs from $4985 AUD (Australian Dollars). This fee excludes your police check (if required), medical examination (if required), English exams and any postage.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
- Additional applicant over 18 years old: $2,495 AUD (Australian Dollars)
- Additional applicant under 18 years old: $1,245 AUD (Australian Dollars)
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We will refund the charge if we do not grant you the visa. The second instalment charges are:
- Main applicant: $9,795 AUD (Australian Dollars)
- Family members: $4,890 AUD (Australian Dollars)
* This is correct as of 2018. Please note this is subject to change.
* If paying by credit card there will be additionally charges also.
For the most up to date information, please visit www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Why invest here in Australia?
Australia is in its 27th year of consecutive annual economic growth – the only developed economy in the world to achieve this distinction.
The country has strong institutions, an ability to respond to global changes and above average productivity in global growth sectors. These factors underpin its steady growth and make it a low-risk destination to do business.
Australia’s economy is:
- the world’s 13th largest
- rated AAA by all three global rating agencies
- forecast to realise average annual real GDP growth of 2.8 per cent over the next five years – the highest among major advanced economies
- characterised by high productivity levels, with 15 out of 20 industries rating above the global average.